Friday, August 08, 2014

Brigitta's turn for a Sunset Ride

I've not ridden Brigitta, my '87 BMW R80 Airhead for over three weeks now, basically ever since I've not had to commute anywhere to get to work.

I had been feeling a bit guilty about this but weather and some needed test riding on Scarlett, my 2014 Ural Patrol Sidecar Rig had prevented a ride on Brigitta until yesterday evening.  We'd had rains off and on all day it seemed, and the clouds formed a nice backdrop for the setting sun's golden rays.





Shooting pictures of one's motorcycle from a low frontal angle really does help make it look better, doesn't it?

Previously, a Sunset picture with Scarlett.

9 comments:

SonjaM said...

Dom, you excelled yourself with the sunset pics. I especially love the first one, with the long shadow.
(I might have to copy the style once I get the opportunity, if you don't mind.)

redlegsrides said...

Isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery? :)

Thanks SonjaM for your kind words.

RichardM said...

I'd have to agree with Sonja, beautiful photos. Working on your calendar entries?

Unknown said...

Dom:

I also like the low angle better. I haven't been riding to work either, but I did today. I don't like the low sun angle aiming at me as I head East, this morning was the first cloudy day for weeks

bob: riding the wet coast

redlegsrides said...

thanks RichardM, I dont think the Rounders are going to put out a calendar for next year.

Bobskoot....think of the sunrise shots you could take.....

Andrew Thomson said...

Great pics Dom! Yes, I like low angles too.

Anonymous said...

Some great photo's there. I to May try a few different angles with the setting sun. Very effective.

Trobairitz said...

Another good subject for sunset pics. You sure do have pretty skies in Colorado.

Biker.my said...

What a nice pic of sunset u got there. With the bike, makes the picture even more better.